Wednesday, August 24, 2011

My People

A close friend of mine from Auburn got married this weekend. It was a great excuse for us to all be together again, and it was amazing community. I was able to spend so much quality time with "my people." I am not sure if that makes sense to anyone but me, but "my people" are those that I don't have to try around. Sometimes it gets exhausting meeting new people and trying so hard to show them who you are, but with these specific people, I can be completely myself without holding anything back.
The Crew

We can:
laugh about very inappropriate things, talk about bodily functions,
cry because another one is married, have our hair played with,
drink too much wine, dance like fools and then,
do a choreographed dance for the all wedding guests,
wrestle a wedding dress in order for someone to go to the restroom,
draw numbers to see who will get married next, talk about our
dreams,
talk about our fears, speak of the Lord often, and
hold tight to memories that made us who we are

And at the end of the night (3:00am), we all know that no matter where we go or who we become we will always have a special place in each others hearts.


O and Liz managed to sneakily make is on my camera

My simple joy for the weekend: my people

2 comments:

  1. Precious!!! So glad you enjoyed another wedding weekend and have such amazing peeps in your life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Lauren. Love you dude.

    ReplyDelete