Sunday, November 4, 2012

Multicultural Day at 3302

Never in my life have I been the minority in my friend group. Anna, my roommate, loves to point out when I am. Like when we went to the ballet the other night, it was Anna who is Nigerian-American, Stephanie who is Haitian-American, Monica who is Chinese-American, and Renee who is Thai-American. Oh yeah and there is me, the only white kid. Sometimes they make the world seem just a bit smaller after all.

This Saturday Anna's parents came in town and her mom "taught" us how to cook Nigerian-style. I use "taught" loosely because she was so fast we could barely keep up. Monica's mom also came with all of her Chinese ingredients in tow. And this was Multicultural Cooking Day at 3302:



Nigerian Stew and Chinese Pan-Fried Noodles
Left-side: Monica's mom and Monica, Back: Stephanie, my little Haitian delight, Right: Anna's mom and Anna
KIDS TABLE!!!
Left: Mimi, originally from Zambia and me, Right: Elen, whose papa is from Eritrea and Reebs
After our delicious meal, we were all super stuffed and super tired. The results are below:


I am so thankful for my friends who teach me so much about the world outside of my view and who show me Jesus daily. Yay for multicultural day! 

1 comment: