Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Delayed But Oh, So Joy-filled

This past weekend my family came to visit and we had such a good time together. We started off our journey at this beautiful spot that overlooks the city, Lover's Circle:
I might have made poor arthritic Gran climb a really steep hill to get there. She was a trooper.

After our wonderful view we went to the Scarritt-Bennett Center. It was originally founded in Kansas City, Missouri as a school to train young women missionaries, and it was moved to Nashville in 1924. Two of Gran's aunts went to this school before embarking on their oversees missions. I took tons of pictures but here are two:
You probably can't read the engraving over the fireplace. I might have sat in the floor to write it down because for some reason I felt some connection to what it said:

"Wheresoever the gospel
shall be preached
through the whole world
that also which
this woman hath done
shall be spoken of
for a memorial of her."

It was so awesome to be at a place where two brave women from my family were trained to be missionaries. Someday soon I hope to follow their footsteps.

The weekend with the fam was so jammed packed. We went to my friend's organic farm, an Earth Day festival at the park, fed some ducks my old stale bread, and ended the day with some beverages and dancing at the Wild Horse Saloon. Emma had a little too much fun I think! I would have added pictures of the other fun things we did , but I just wanted
to highlight the two things that were extra special to me. :)

My simple joys from the weekend: spending time with the people I love, breathtaking views of the city, and a historic place that gives me hope for my calling.

My P.S. simple joy is that I got baptized on Easter Sunday. Something that was definitely long overdue. That's my friend Robert in the background. He got baptized too!

No comments:

Post a Comment