Friday, April 15, 2011

Rain, Coffee, and A New Dress

Yesterday, I told my friend Lisa I would run with her at 7:30 in the morning. First of all, I don't usually run in the morning and I also usually don't run with people (strictly because I am too embarrassed of my slowness). When I woke this morning, this was the forecast that greeted me on weather.com:
BUT, I decided to make my way to Lisa's house anyway. What's a little rain right? Well, I think I have decided that running in the rain is one of my new found joys! Only next time, I won't wear a white t-shirt...

On my way home from work today, I stopped off at this sweet little shop, which has been on my to-do list for quite a while because I really wanted to buy some good, quality coffee.

One of the owners said he, his dad, and his brother laid the bricks for the shop in 1979, and the business had been going strong ever since. I decided to buy a small bag of dark latte blend. We will see if I like it. I love supporting local businesses!!

Another stop Lisa and I made on the way home from work was at a store called the Fashion Exchange. All the boutiques in the area are super expensive so we thought this one would be too, but we were so wrong! There were such unique things and we were so pumped about our new find! I bought this dress for $15.
My simple joys for the day: running in the rain, new coffee, and finding secret shops.

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog, Lauren! Enjoying the simple things is such a wonderful message as they are so easy to take for granted and go unnoticed.

    I'm so proud of you for running in the rain this morning!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your blog as well. i also love your adventuring to new and unfound nashkilla places. keep being awesome. you are the cutest.

    xo

    ReplyDelete